Thursday, April 18, 2019

The Publisher gave me new insight into the Brochure




At times, I often pondered how our life would have been without ICT. It gives me Goosebumps with a sudden rush of feelings that ‘we have become too dependent on ICT’’ and I am one of them. Thinking back to the first year, ICT has never been my interest or the favorite. I would always be backing off whenever there was anything to be done related to ICT.  It happened one day that we were asked to make a brochure for the module called ‘Child development’. I was befuddled when I heard the word ‘Brochure’ and I wasn’t actually cognizant of the term ‘brochure’ though I have seen it.

Now I could think about why I didn’t use the source of the internet to find the better means to make a brochure. I was way behind the ICT world. Reaching back to the room, I enquired one of the senior sisters, how should I make a brochure? The simple response I received was ‘you can use Microsoft words’. Thought that was going to be easy. But the thought of easiness could not turn to the action of easiness. I commenced dividing the Microsoft words page into three divisions and typed the information, inserted picture to look captivating and endearing source of a brochure to get the comprehensible information. After being completed, when I opened to glance it again, all the pictures were misplaced, they were not in the original place where I inserted it. I had a hard time re-arranging it again but it never looked good as I expected it and summited as it was.

Usage of ICT never ceases and there can never be end destination for it. When I reached to final year (first semester), we were again provided one assignment on Health and Physical Education to make a brochure.  By then, I was exposed to the world of ICT compared to the first year. Instantly, I tabbed how to make a brochure in the Google Chrome. That provided me with incalculable methods for it. Then, I decided to use PUBLISHER to create brochure. It was far better than using Microsoft words. I didn’t have to do anything than choosing the template. The publisher gave me a new insight into the creation of brochure.

Now I am competent to say that ‘I can make any types of brochure’ and I am going to use publisher. With my exploration on using publisher as an application to make brochure, I could even help few of my friends. I could guide them through using publisher for the creation of brochure. From this incident, I get to believe that “Learning should take place every day, every moment and realized that I still have lot more to learn on ICT”.




 fig.1. front page of Brochure from Publisher




fig.2. back page of Brochure



3 comments:

  1. hi chimi, you have got grate experience with lots of knowledge. its wonderful reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chhimi..It was an awesome reflection on skills acquired in making effective brochure. You have also stated how efficient you have became in making brochure. It was also well supported with an evidences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your article, i was able to see the confidence in you to be able to integrate ICT and particularly on making a brochure.The sample of the brochure you made looks so beautiful. It was a well expressed article chimi.

    ReplyDelete