Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Disadvantages and Advantages



The dominant line “a cloud has its own silver lining” took me to the thorough thinking of ICT usage. I got to believe that the usage of ICT has its own advantages and disadvantages. Famous phrases like a cliché, many assert that coin has two sides. If the coin has two sides, why ICT won’t have the two sides? The college introduced me to the world of ICT, observed and experienced incalculable things regarding ICT. Why I shouldn’t reflect upon it? Albeit of the normal routine on reflecting and writing on the baggage of learning of ICT during my life of the college, today I take a time to reflect on the advantages and disadvantages of ICT that I have experienced and observed since the first semester of my college and till the moment.

I am deeply blessed that the college opened my eyes for the ICT world and could learn and acquire immeasurable, incalculable and uncountable skills that I could efficiently use it to sustain in the world of technology. But what did it really happen to me? I think I have become too dependent on ICT. Wastage of time, misusage of time has to be the most visiting guest for me. In distinction to the alteration ICT brought in me, a room of negative feelings over the too dependence on ICT take me to the wrong direction at times. Recurrently, I find myself being overpowered by the potency of ICT. Rather than using my mental cognition to answer the questions or to solve any problems, I find myself only depending on the internet to be my source of the answer. Critical thinking, analyzing power, the skills of high order thinking has degraded over the years.

I agree that ICT makes our life easy and comfortable we could get the information from anywhere. But why does it destroy the life of most of the people? I found many of my friends being taken towards the negative direction by the ICT. They meet online friends, spent hours and hours for social media, letting the precious time travel to the valley of ineffectuality. The mobile phones are another authoritative tool that kills the concentration of learners in the class. Even in the presence of a teacher in the class, few of my friends make the teacher as the invisible. Their eyes would be only with the phone and actually aren’t truly paying the concentration. Thus, it becomes another reason for resulting incapable and impotent teacher. I feel we need to learn immensely on the usage of ICT appropriately. With the right, responsibilities have to be taken account.








3 comments:

  1. Hi Chimi, i enjoyed reading your reflection. its effective and reflected with your experience. I feel that ict got lots of advantages if we know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You introduced your article in a very beautiful way. Until now I had been reading a lot of article that always pointed out the advantages of ICT, yours is unique. we must always know that the pros comes with cons.you clearly mentioned some of its cons.It was worth reading chimi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expressive reflection where you have share the advantage and disadvantage of usage of ICT with comprehensible language. through your writing i was able get better picture on the pros and cons of using ICT. worth reading!

    ReplyDelete